Sport Funding Statement
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
The amount of Sports Premium St Anthony’s received for the financial year 2016/2017 is £8,905
The amount of Sports Premium St Anthony’s received for the financial year 2017/2018 is £8,904
The amount of Sports Premium St Anthony’s received for the financial year 2018/2019 is £17,820
The amount of Sports Premium St Anthony’s received for the financial year 2019/2020 is £17,820
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- covering the cost of specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional sporting clubs/ activities
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
How will St Anthony’s Catholic Primary be spending the Sports Funding and who will benefit?
The money is to be used so that: all children benefit regardless of sporting ability; that the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments; that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development; that more sports equipment and materials are purchased to support and enhance the teaching and learning in PE/sport.
Nature of Expenditure 2016-2017
- Part funding of a specialist PE teachers to give access to high quality PE provision to every child.
- Sport Coaches from the Catholic Partnership and Tong School
- Dance Coaches
- Cheer Leading Coaches
- Whole School Sports Activity Day
- Football Coaches for lunchtime clubs
- Lunchtime Multi-sport clubs